This video is presented by Share America, a channel that delivers videos on American life, culture & politics. Produced by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Global Public Affairs, the videos illustrate values that underlie U.S. policies & explore interests shared by Americans & people around the world. For more information, please check the website: https://share.america.gov/
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
WHAT IS THE PRESENTATION ABOUT?
Transformative community projects are always led by committed leaders and volunteers. This video presents strategies for attracting and motivating volunteers for community activities and engagements.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To organize a small team of friends and community members who share your passion
- With Your Team: To develop and create a strategic plan for recruiting volunteers and develop materials for recruitment
- With Your Community: To recruit 10-15 volunteers for your community engagements