This video is presented by Amber Melanie Smith on her YouTube channel. Amber works with non-profit organizations and facilitates workshops for American teens who would like to be change makers in their communities.
Check her YouTube channel for additional resources related to community engagement.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
WHAT IS THE PRESENTATION ABOUT?
This is Part 1 of the presentation on Innovative Community Service Ideas for Teens. Amber Melanie Smith presents ideas on how to find volunteer opportunities in your community and suggests service project ideas for teens in their communities. These ideas and suggestions can be modified for your own purposes and with your own local community.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
- On Your Own: To identify the different organizations and agencies in your community for volunteer service opportunities
- With Your Team: To create a compilation of these organizations and agencies and create a social media post about these organizations
- With Your Community: To meet with organization leaders and agencies and listen and learn about their programs and projects