Martin Solhaugen is an international influencer and YouTuber with millions of views and a combined 200,000+ followers on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“Go out and see something new. It will give you new ideas.”Martin
Who is the Presenter?
Martin, educated with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication at Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu Hawaii, is a filmmaker, YouTuber, and photographer from Oslo, Norway. Together with his fiancé Patrice Averilla, the first female travel vlogger from the Philippines, Martin has been constantly traveling the world in pursuit of cultural and visual expressions. With a big heart for visual storytelling and a unique eye for detail, Martin has worked on global projects for tourism boards, luxury hotels, and high-profile clients.
Together with Patrice, he has traveled extensively around the Philippines, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Peru, Brazil, Costa Rica, New Zealand, France, Norway, Sweden, and many other countries in Europe.
Most recently, Martin and Patrice created content for the UN Internet Governance Forum in 2021. Also, together, they presented an online workshop for our PYLP 17/18.
What is the Presentation About?
Martin gives some practical advice on how to begin creating content:
- Start on a platform that is simple but from which you can connect with other platforms later.
- Creativity begins with an open mind and heart. Meet people who are creative. Learn from others.
- Use your phone first and then move to a camera later.
- Create content with an audience in mind.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation below or watch this via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To create social media pages and channels for your community project and create a QR Code for at least one of them
- With a Team: To work with a team in creating content for a community engagement project on social media pages
- With Your Community: To advertise these pages and channels to your community