Martin Solhaugen is an international influencer and YouTuber with millions of views and a combined 200,000+ followers on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“Go all in with your passion, with what gives you joy!”Martin
Who is the Presenter?
Martin, educated with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication at Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu Hawaii, is a filmmaker, YouTuber, and photographer from Oslo, Norway. Together with his fiancé Patrice Averilla, the first female travel vlogger from the Philippines, Martin has been constantly traveling the world in pursuit of cultural and visual expressions. With a big heart for visual storytelling and a unique eye for detail, Martin has worked on global projects for tourism-boards, luxury hotels, and high-profile clients.
Together with Patrice, he has traveled extensively around the Philippines, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Peru, Brazil, Costa Rica, New Zealand, France, Norway, Sweden, and many other countries in Europe.
Most recently, Martin and Patrice created content for the UN Internet Governance Forum in 2021. Also, together, they presented an online workshop for our PYLP 17/18.
What is the Presentation About?
According to Martin, nothing good happens fast. Creating content on YouTube takes time, effort, creativity, passion, persistence, and a good community.
Find your niche – know what to create, based on your interests and abilities. As a youth leader, you can build your community engagement based on what gives you joy, and you can find a way to use this to sustain yourself and your community.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch this via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To make a list of at least 5 reasons why social media is a necessary tool in community engagement
- With a Team: To review 10 YouTube Channels and Facebook Pages created by other Youth Leaders and Creators in the Philippines or from the US
- With Your Community: To work with community members and create a Social Media Presence (There is no one way of doing this. Be Creative!)