This presentation is from Sameer Gudhate’s YouTube channel. He creates videos featuring ideas from traditional business to social enterprise.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
What is the presentation about?
Social enterprise comes in different ways. This video presents 19 ideas for a possible enterprise. Here are some examples:
- Food Social Enterprise that sells affordable food to the community at a discount
- Used Textbook for Social Change that collects books and sold at a discounted price
- Online Socially Conscious Marketplace sells products created by artisans
- Sustainable Water creates purification water stations in the community. Profits go back to the community
- Micro Lending for small business owners
- Social Crowdfunding for small social entrepreneurs
- Efficient Wood Stoves to prevent cardio pulmonary diseases
- Innovative Information Product to include how to care for a baby, benefits of immunization, etc. that are sold to those who can afford nad given for free for those with limited funds
- Micro Power Generation creating rechargeable batteries for classroom or home use; batteries are rented and recharged for a minimal fee
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To identify 1-2 possible social enterprise idea/s for your community and prepare powerpoint to present this to your team
- With Your Team: To develop, plan, create and prepare a strategy to PILOT a social enterpriser for your community (use or modify an existing enterprise n your community)
- With Your Community: To organize and network with community leaders to support your social enterprise and revise and reorganize if needed