This video is presented by Codelogix on their YouTube channel.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“Social entrepreneurs build teams and are not afraid of change.”Codelogix
What is the presentation about?
The vides discusses the following common characteristics of social entrepreneurs:
1. They saw something wrong in the world and they got upset enough to want to solve the problem.
2. Social entrepreneurs are really good at coming up with creative ways to solve problems. They understand that the problem still exists because the old way of doing things didn’t work.
3. Social entrepreneurs are flexible and are willing to make changes to their plans so that they achieve their goals. It’s been said that 90% of successful businesses start out with the wrong business plan.
4. Social entrepreneurs are really good at bringing different people who have different ideas, experiences, and skills together to form a team to create a new kind of business.
5. They are not in it only for the money. Social entrepreneurs are not trying to become millionaires but trying to solve problems to improve the lives of millions of people. It’s about using a business to put right the problems in the society.
6. Social entrepreneurs are excited about the difference they are making. They eat, breathe, and sleep their business. Their excitement gets other people excited to make a difference too.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To identify the 3 members in your community that manage a social enterprise
- With Your Team: To interview 3-4 social entrepreneurs an write their story in a blog
- With Your Community: To organize a forum (virtual or in-person) promoting social entrepreneurs in your community