Atty. Colin Finnegan, PYLP Training Facilitator
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
Who is the presenter?
Colin Finnegan’s life-long desire to practice law has cultivated him into a passionate and driven attorney who rigorously represents and defends his clients. Mr. Finnegan handles matters involving transportation, premises liability, employment law, administrative and regulatory law, and construction law. He represents clients across state and federal courts in Kansas and Missouri.
What is the Presentation About?
In this video, Atty. Finnegan presents some key skills/ways to persuasively speak and advocate for change. He gives practical advice from his experience as a lawyer, political volunteer, and from his observations from well-known speakers today.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To write a short speech about one of the following topics: Climate Change, Peace Building, Assets in the Community, or Youth Leadership
- With Your Team: To invite two others to read, edit, and help revise your speech
- With Your Community: To organize a small public speaking workshop and prepare participants to deliver their speech in public.