Who is the presenter?
John Spencer is an educator and a YouTuber. He has created a series of short videos that teachers and workshop facilitators have used for training, for new information, and for inspiration.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
Members need to be empowered from the start.John Spencer
What is the presentation about?
John Spencer proposes a bigger definition of creativity that involves not only about making things but also includes integrating different ideas in innovative ways, thinking differently about unique solutions to practical problems, tweaking things into unusual ways, exploring ideas, and navigating information until one becomes an expert. He also presents the constraints of thinking inside the box in the second video. Part of thinking outside the box is through creative collaborations. He proposes 7 creative collaborations in the third video.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch these video presentations or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To develop own definition of a creative thinker and write a short essay about “Thinking Outside the Box”
- With A Team: To identify and create plans for creative collaborations with different stakeholders in the community
- With Your Community: To organize a meeting with stakeholders in the community.