Ms. Anne Sharkey, American High School Teacher and PYLP Training Facilitator
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“When we look at issues it is easy to think in numbers.”Ms. Anne
Who is the presenter?
Anne Sharkey is a teacher at Huntley High School, specializing in World History, Global Citizenship, and Sustainable Development. Anne has been working with the Huntley High School Global Academy since 2016, focusing on developing student leaders and creating awareness on issues of climate, food insecurity, refugees, and other issues in the Sustainable Development Goals. Working with high school students to apply levels of design thinking to create sustainable projects has been a passion of Anne’s through the Huntley High School Global Academy and the Illinois Global Scholar program.
What is the Presentation About?
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To describe the importance of empathy in community engagement
- With A Team: To write a paragraph or two to complete the suggested steps in developing a community project
- With Your Community: To recruit community members in helping you lead a community engagement