This presentation is created by HealthWest TV.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“In some cases, advocating for changes or joining with an existing projects might be the best way in achieving your goals rather than starting a new project.”
What is the presentation about?
Start a community group and improve your neighborhood. See what it takes for an individual or group to go from an idea to action.
Here are the suggested steps to start engaging in your community:
Step 1 – Idea
Step 2 – Research
Step 3 – Recruit your team
Step 4 – Consider some details
Step 5 – Identify location or venue
Step 6 – Assess risks
Step 7 – Develop and implement promotion and marketing
Step 8 – Train volunteers
Step 9 – Evaluate
Step 10 – Consider more information
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To construct your own personal engagement steps
- With a Team: To create a community engagement metaphor (e.g. mountain, road, DNA, river, etc.) and plot the steps that would work for your community
- With Your Community: To plan, market, and organize a volunteer training event for literacy tutors (or any engagement of your choice) and use this hashtag #pylpvolunteers in your marketing