What is the presentation about?
Tech Green and Tech Insider present inventions that are friendly to the environment. The first video presents inventions used around the world to clean up plastic from the ocean like plastic made from organic materials such as corn starch, plastic packaging alternative that are biodegradable, bottle crushers create sand alternative, edible vegan cutlery, among others. The second video suggests two eco-friendly inventions that might be able to save the planet: bamboo fabric and leather and microbial woven materials made of plant-based materials.
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch these video presentations below or watch via YouTube.
These videos were created by Tech Insider and Going Green
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
Ten Inventions that are Saving the Planet
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To explore organic materials to replace non-biodegradable consumer products and to tabulate non-biodegradable materials used by people daily
- With A Team: To examine the impact of materials polluting the environment
- With Your Community: To organize a community competition on repurposing and creating alternative materials from plants and other organic materials in the community