Mr. Clay Henricksen teaches Global Studies and AP Human Geography at Huntley High School in Illinois.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“Being responsible is staying on top of your school work.”Huntley HS Student Anna
Who is the presenter?
Mr. Henricksen is a secondary school social studies teacher at Huntley High School focusing on Global Studies, US History, and Human Geography for the past 12 years. In 2015, Clay had the opportunity to take part in a Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad with the U.S. Department of Education and Northern Illinois University. The project, which was throughout Luzon in the Philippines, focused on Ethno-Religious Diversity and Human Rights, and Clay was with NIU Professors Susan Russell and Rhodalyne Gallo-Crail and 11 other teachers from Illinois.
At Huntley, Clay also coaches and sponsors the varsity assistant girls basketball coach and Anime Club.
What is the presentation about?
Huntley High School’s slogan is Being Respectful, Responsible, and Involved. How do students and teachers at Huntley High School promote this slogan while learning? What does it mean to be respectful of each other? What does it mean to be a responsible member of the community? What does it mean to be involved in making a difference?
To do the tasks below and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To summarize the slogan used at Huntley High school
- With a Team: To adapt or create a slogan for own high school
- With Your Community: To organize a a community or school logo design competition