Mr. Clay Henricksen teaches Global Studies and AP Human Geography at Huntley High School in Illinois.
Help us spread the word about PYLP
- Tell others, your friends, classmates and anyone else who might benefit from these materials.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on your Social Media Pages, e.g. on YouTube. Use the #PYLP. Great reviews help others find us.
“I love to volunteer in the community.”Huntley HS Student Emily
Who is the presenter?
Mr. Henricksen is a secondary school social studies teacher at Huntley High School focusing on Global Studies, US History, and Human Geography for the past 12 years. In 2015, Clay had the opportunity to take part in a Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad with the U.S. Department of Education and Northern Illinois University. The project, which was throughout Luzon in the Philippines, focused on Ethno-Religious Diversity and Human Rights, and Clay was with NIU Professors Susan Russell and Rhodalyne Gallo-Crail and 11 other teachers from Illinois.
At Huntley, Clay also coaches and sponsors the varsity assistant girls basketball coach and Anime Club.
What is the presentation about?
This presentation introduces you to students at Huntley High School and the conversations they fostered with PYLP leaders in past engagements. They focus on the following:
- What are you interested in?
- What do you do for fun?
- What is a day in a life like for you?
- How have you gotten involved in your community?
To do the tasks above and accomplish the learning outcomes, please watch this video presentation or watch via YouTube.
What are your tasks and the learning outcomes?
- On Your Own: To Write responses to the focus questions listed above
- With A Team: To Prepare a list of 10 things American students should know about Filipino students and create a video recording of these for social media post
- With Your Community: To Organize a Game Night with youth members in the community and post this on your social media with the #pylppalaro